It’s funny how the universe nudges you along – and I think it wants me to use Ableton Live.
About a month ago, I found Bro Safari’s 2012 spring promo mix. 25 tracks in 30 minutes? Crazy! Fell in love with the pace and cleverness of the set.
A couple weeks later, I saw Madeon. Like Bro Safari, his set was frenetic and enormously fun – but all done on the fly. This 18-year-old is full of talent, but I think part of his style comes from his tools, too. In the booth were two Launchpads and what looked like the new Traktor F1, all plugged into Ableton. Such incredible flow. I want to drop sets like that, and if that means investing time into Ableton, I’m in.
Welcome to the “roots” mix series. Careful, 0001 gets loud pretty fast.
“roots 0001″ Track List
- Diplo – Horsey (Lazerdisk Party Sex Remix)
- Milo & Otis – Siren (Just One)
- The Noisy Freaks and Blaster – Battle (Original Mix)
- Dillon Francis & Diplo feat Maluca – Que Que (Original Mix)
- Oh My – Dirty Dancer (Alvin Remix)
- Kris Kross – Jump (The Bolivian Marching Affair Remix)
- Knife Party feat Mistajam – Sleaze (Original Mix)
- Gemini – Feel me (Original Mix)
- Skrillex feat Foreign Beggars – Scatta (Original Mix)
- Benga & Coki – Night (Original Mix)
- Flux Pavillion – Bass Cannon (Original Mix)
- Coven – Let It All Out (Original Mix)
- Katy Perry – E.T. (Noisia Extended Mix)
- John Williams – Binary Suns (Coyote Kisses Remix)
Start Date: June 12th, 2012
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Ableton Live 8